The Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center Patient and Family Advisory Board is a group comprised of patients, family members, caregivers, and members of the cancer center care team. The board meets quarterly to share information, discuss topics of importance, and collaborate on ways to make a positive impact on patient care and the patient experience at Holden
The advisory board gives our patients and their families a voice regarding changes that occur throughout the hospital. It is a safe forum where board members can voice concerns, provide feedback, and offer suggestions that will help improve the care experience for others who rely on the cancer center for their health care needs.
Help make a difference
Our goal is to form a collaborative relationship between patients, families, and their health care team that is culturally sensitive, respectful, and compassionate.
The advisory board strives to have representatives from a variety of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and care experiences to:
- Talk about barriers to care, treatment, and services
- Suggest ideas and solutions that will enhance the care experience
- Give the patient and family perspective
- Help us better plan and educate other patients and families on support services available to them
Apply to be a member of the advisory board
Interested potential applicants to the board must:
- Be a current cancer patient or family member of a current cancer patient (patients/family members who are not currently receiving care but have received care within the past year may also be considered)
- Be committed to regularly attending meetings, which are held quarterly
- Sign an advisory board statement of confidentiality
Learn more and apply – apply now using our online form
Office of Patient Experience: You can always contact our office with positive feedback about your care, questions, or concerns. Reach us via email or phone.