The purpose of the Biostatistics Core is to provide statistical support for Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center investigators in the design, analysis, and reporting of cancer research projects.
Services provided include:
- Consultation on study design, selection of outcome variables, and formulation of hypotheses
- Specification of appropriate methods of data analysis
- Sample size estimation
- Protocol development
- Generation of randomization schedules
- Data analysis
- Assistance in preparation of manuscripts
- Education and training
Assistance is available on all types of projects, ranging from clinical trials to basic science experiments. By consulting the Core early in the design of a study,
- Your time may be used more efficiently
- You may learn more from your research
- Your papers may be more readily published
- Your protocols may have a smoother route through the Protocol Review Committee
To request support for a new project, please complete an online request form. After submitting the form, you will be contacted by a Core member to schedule a meeting to discuss your research and statistical needs.